Now with art from
! 8D There was lots of flailing over this, but it's finally finished, and I am joyful 8D I think it's much easier to tell stuff in here than in the original ref, isn't it? C:
--EDIT2--I has highlighted portions of interest for those not willing to go through the entire thing <3
Chi now has Formspring! Lookie here
Ehh, dunno how to word what I want to say here without being rude or stupidifying myself, so let's just go with "modified ref for #Race-of-Aleria that can now be found in #Multi-Versed too
" instead! Name:
Chi "Dark Tail" Darkfire.Age:
- Shifting her body's form (biped/quad).
- Breathing/creating/handling fire (around her).
- Making melee weapons/tools out of her bones. Strengths:
- Your typical demonic strength/speed (boosted up a bit by pseudo-metallic bones and an obnoxiously light body).
- Your typical demonic reflexes, and quite the wits, to boot.
hearing--she can hear a heartbeat from a block away and louder noises from further.
- Her body can automatically regenerate most lost tissue when wounded, albeit at different speed rates, depending on their priority and her surroundings' temperature.
- She's got PLENTY of combat experience (even though she doesn't show this).
- She's immune to most toxins and acids.Weaknesses:
- Her modified bones pretty much make her a lightning rod, and she's got an extremely weak heart to boot.
- She needs at least a somewhat cozy environment and plenty of air at all times to maintain her naturally high temperature. She's as sensitive to lack of air as to be threatened by mere tickling. Yes, she'll seriousy beg
not to be tickled.
- She's more than light enough to be handled and flung about. Have fun with the rag doll.
- Unnecessarily loud noises tend to startle and disorientate her much, MUCH more than they do normal people.
- Water acts as concentrated acid for her: it'll singe her fur off and burn her skin on touch, but will do much more damage in prolonged exposure. She can
swim though--she needs to in order to get to shore safely if she falls into a beach/river/lake/whathaveyou.
- Even if she CAN heal wounds, she'll suffer the damage and pain that comes with 'em: if you slice her leg open, she's going to limp until the wound is gone, which is likely to be anywhere between a couple of minutes and several hours, depending on how bad and compromising it is (less lethal wounds will have far less priority than, say, a ruptured lung and will thusly take much, much longer to heal).
- On the same subject, the temperature nearby highly affects her regeneration: the colder her surroundings, the slowest she'll heal, while warmer surroundings will boost up her regeneration. Needless to say, if she's out there in the snow, she's about as vulnerable to a slit throat as anyone else.
- She needs food in her stomach in order to regenerate. No food/stomach pretty much means she'll bleed out on the spot if badly injured.
- Her stomach is very sensitive to damage and she gets seasick very easily.
- Her body is messed up beyond words. Biology, chemistry...the whole thing. It makes her stronger in the field, sure (and makes her immune to acid and poison too), but it also makes her a rather reactive creature against, basically, ANYTHING ELSE other than what's in her diet. This includes (but is not limited to) swallowing medicines, drugs, alcohol, getting perfume sprayed on her...just about any everyday chemical is VERY likely to have some form of violent negative reaction (such as causing her to lose her fur, sweat acid, throw up, choke, etc) if tried on her.
- Due to the fact that she uses her bones as weapons, her flesh is extremely tender to make it easier for them to cut through. This means her bones can come out faster...but that also means she's EXTREMELY easy to wound.Personality: Playful, impish, flirty.
She's a notorious cloud cuckoolander and loves to have her fun with others, but has a hard time getting herself to seriously harming anyone, and prefers to protect others instead. Her priorities will hardly ever be centered around herself, as she doesn't see herself as very important, the dumbass. She squeals over shiny stuff even if she knows what that shiny is already, and prefers to be goofy rather than serious, even though she's usually damn aware of what's happening around her.
She likes to give out to others, both physically and emotionally, and often takes this to the most extreme of extremes, the most triumphant example being her idea of gifting her now-late husband with a fur coat that was made out of her own fur.
However, cue pissing her off (image on the left): her personality doesn't change much in the way of playfulnes, but she'll be playful in the creepiest ways imaginable and WILL openly assault whatever managed to piss her off, too. Whoever manages to put themselves in her rage's target range is highly likely to die a horrible, disturbing death as a result.
She's a pacifist by nature (or experience, your mileage may vary), but she's very aware of her own strengths and flaws, is extremely biased against anything that heavily disrupts balance and holds no bars when it comes to pulling the stops on something she considers to be a nuisance--apparently, herself included as she usually does not see herself as an individual, but, rather, as a living object: a weapon, a shield or a pawn, it heavily depends on the situation. You could say she has no dignity outside of manners and etiquette.Mannerisms/Attitude:
- She speaks in a selfless, lively tone more often than not--frequently with a chirp or sing-song tone to it.
- She's decidedly informal and motherly an annoying majority of the time, and WILL go to lengths to save someone in danger, unless she considers their possible fate to be justifiable (a karmatic death would be a good example).
- She thrives in euphemisms and double-entendres. If there's a chance for awkward, beg to God she's not nearby.
- She likes to play with people's heads, and often exploits the fact that she's a demon to earn people's distrust.
- In light of the above, she trusts people that don't trust her more quickly than she does people that do.
- She has a hard time staying still: even when napping
she'll be flicking either het tail's tip, her ears, or both.
- She tends to refer to people as 'love', 'dear' and 'hun', or otherwise give them a pet name.
- She only swears when in frustration, but will still freely do if she's talking dirty (to the horror of the listening person). Here
is a list of possible alternatives you could consider using, since she does have the tendency to give in to annoyance.
- She doesn't use the word 'God' other than in 'Goddamn [insert noun here]'. Instead, in phrases like 'for God's sake', she'll say 'for f*ck's sake' or 'for blood's sake'.
- She's not shy when it comes to her privacy. However, she'll rather drop a crippling TMI bomb than give out information about her past (she still needs to trust someone before giving any of it away).
- She's blunt
in her statements. However, she fiddles when caught/placed in an awkward/compromising situation of her own.
- Related to the above, if something goes awry for someone other than herself, and they didn't deserve it, she'll take all the blame. Lord help if someone winds up dead or worse as a direct consequence of her actions.Philosophies:
- "Make love, not war!"
- "Never underestimate your enemy. Especially if they're smaller."
- "If you're winning, get ready for the turning tables."
- "Stripe by stripe, and the tiger went black."
- "The problem with 'violence' is called 'retribution'. The problem with 'retribution' is that it's subjective. And very volatile."
- "Feel free to always bring a knife into a gunfight--they might just run out of bullets."History:
For all intents and purposes, Chi is an outlaw. Not only has she commited hideous crimes in several instances of her faraway past--which she still can't forgive herself for--, she's also turned against, and humilliated her own kin (at least for the most part) as well as switched sides through the World's End war in a drastic enough fashion that most of what's left of her world's civilization sees her name as a pest. She drew into reclusion out of protection not for herself, but for her loved ones: she harshly considers herself dead from long ago, but refuses to let herself die until she's actually in a position where doing so would not threaten the lives of her family or friend circle's members. Ever since, she's been fomenting the negative image of herself, trying to make everyone she relates to look as the good guy by contrast.Likes:
- Shiny stuff.
- Botany and plants.
- Wrecking harmless havok.
- Being petted and stroked and held and...just generally pampered.
- Doing the same for others.
- Hot/dry weather.
- Innocence in general.Dislikes:
- Pointless violence.
- Pointless rudeness.
- Pointless lying.
- Just about all pointless, harmful behavior.
- Cruelty, of course.
- Wearing clothes.
- The undead and necromancy in general.
- Being seen as food.
This is a very fast way to get her riled up.
- Cold/wet weather.
- By logic definition, STORMS.Other:
- She's digigrade.
- Her entire FACE falls apart from her skull when she's angry
, and she moves on to constantly breathe fire out of her nostrils. But she's nigh-impossible to anger in the first place, so run for your life if her cheek begins falling off.
scratch behind her ears for too long (unless you can handle a horny devil). You have been warned.
- She smells of cinnamon!
- Her spikes are extra bone material--they're from her wings, since she doesn't like to keep them out often. She can 'grow' them back at any time by making the skeleton grow out of her shoulders, since her body will grow the necessary tissues over them. This is the only instance where jutting bones out of her body will 'grow' a new 'limb', but that's solely because that's her original anatomy anyway: she can't regrow skin and tissue if there's no bones to attach them to, so instead they cover her back. To take them back in, she can only withdraw the bones--she has to rip the wings' flesh off. Needless to say, she can't do this often in combat for obvious *coughchokehack*regen waste*coughchokehack*
- She can't grow back lost bone material.
There's also a limit to how much 'bone material' she has and how far she can stretch it, so she can't have the same reach with a sword as she can have with a much slimmer needle.
- She can hold her breath for a short period of time, sure, but she needs to have previously made up for it by sucking in a LOT of air before hand--she's not very good at lacking air (or getting the wind knocked out of her).
- SHE CAN BLUSH.
However, she blushes a blac/dark gray color (more noticeable on her cheeks and ears) instead of pink.
- From most important to least, her regen order is as follows:
*nerves and miscellaneous connective tissues.
If badly injured in combat though, she can do without skin and miscelaneous tissue (her eyes included as she's learnt to manage with her hearing alone)--her regen moves on to only keeping her alive and mobile
(and from bleeding for too long) until the match is over. After all, no point in growing new skin and receptive nerves if they're not necessary and
if she's soon going to get injured again anyway. I can totally see this being the green light for her to get mauled over and over again...
- On the same subject, she regenerates faster in hotter surroundings and slower in the coldest: if she's out there in the snow, she's about as vulnerable to a slit throat as anyone else.
- Don't get her in a boat. Actually, DO NOT let her throw up at all. Her stomach's acid is sulfuric acid. Concentrated. Happy times.
- Her blood, skin, internal organs...they're all black or very dark shades of gray.
That being said, you can take a look at this form here
for much more nifty behavioral info on her
Otherwise, send questions my way--I like to be asked stuff c:
Anyway, Chi is (C) me, yadda yadda yadda, tis ref is for
(and perhaps other OCTs in the future) as well as
and might be subjected to future change if she needs to be further modified P: